We get a built-in best friend!!! You likely will always have a date and if you're bored, at least you're bored together.
Being a bachelorette was fun for about a day. Now, I find myself coming up with mudane reasons to stay at the Rendezvous just so that I'll be around people! Who knew I'd get so used to having him around that when he left I'd be lost? Well lost is a bit dramatic, but I am bored.
So everyone has been asking about updates. Justin is doing very well. What he's doing is not the easiest task, but he's tackling it wil gusto and I could not be prouder of him. I saw benefits as soon as the second day. He said something the other day that made me smile. He talked about how he will never be the innoncent that he once was before war. That part of him is gone and it will never return. How could it? But what he knows now is that he can do more to live better for today. He can be a better form of the person he is now. I think a lot of us could use that advice. Not many of us are the same people we once were. But that doesn't matter. We can be the best people possible NOW. Live in the moment but don't let the moment determine who we are.
Ona lighter note, he goes golfing for free at least once a day and on the weekend, he has a free pass to go fishing whenever he want. He watches a lot of movies and hangs out with the guys. He called me the first week and said he was never leaving there! :) Those guys sure know how to give the veterans a break! Nice work! I totally approve.
There is about two and half more weeks of his time in Oregon. I'm so proud of him and all that he is tackling and all the skeletons that he is looking at in his closet. There is no permanent fix but any help we can get along the way is far worth the sacrifice of getting it.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for sharing, I think a lot of us have pasts that we have guilt or remorse over I always need to be reminded that, that is not who I am now and just to move on from where I am at now!
Post a Comment