Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pregnancy, shmegnancy

I have determined that there are some women in this world that handle pregnancy extremely well. They make it look so easy and wonderful that you almost can't help it when your ovaries scream out in protest that they too are not producing life at that second. Well, I am NOT one of those women! :)
If you ask me, right now, what I think the best part of pregnancy is (now the disclaimer is "RIGHT NOW") I would respond, "when it's over". That's right. I have also determined that no one tells you the truth about pregnancy until you are in it and it's too late to change your mind and decide that there must be another way. People may tell you about the swoolen ankles and the morning sickness and how when it's over it's so worth the bundle of joy that is sitting in your lap. But I'm here to tell you that I'm not so sure (but only about the yucky stuff. The bundle of joy will definately be worth it)! No one says anything about your round ligaments pulling so hard you drop to your knees in pain wondering if it is labor and then rushing to the hospital (at the advice of your doctor) only to have a nurse poke and prod until she pushes on the right place and you scream. No one says anything about your center of gravity shifting in such a way that slipping and falling down an entire flight of stairs (resulting in a vary large bruise on my butt) become so easy I should be banned from stairs altogether. (Justin said to me today when I told him about the fall, "how's your boom boom?". I responded, "it hurts".)

Okay, I have finished my bitter rant. (All of the above is true by the way.) Really it is quite cool to feel this little guy squirm around and kick inside. At least, right now when his kicks don't hurt, it's cool. :) So life here has fallen into a familliar pattern: Justin is gone a lot studying, and I watch a lot of TV. I really need to get into more books. Too much american idol and tv sitcoms is turning my brain to mush!

Well, it's time to make dinner. Food is finally good!!! It's taken about 5 months to get to that point, but now, I really like it!!! :)

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Man I'm sorry. I started (with this last pregnancy) getting really bad side aches. I think thats what you got, it hurt so bad and I couldn't sleep. Hopefully your on the upside if you can eat and prepare food eh?

ennbenn said...

Oh, and don't forget all the good stuff that comes when you're belly is so big that you feel like your sitting with a bowling ball between your knees...like the constant aching and the oh very beautiful stretch marks, and the sweating both before and after delivery. Oh and not just any sweating...It's the "I gotta change the sheets for the 5th time this weel" kind of sweating. But oh yes, it is all SO worth it! I love your guts! Endure to the end, and you will be blessed!

DaLynn said...

I know it really does suck most of the time, but you can do it!!

Lena Baron said...

Oh my dear! The truth is, everyone told us, but it doesn't register in our baby making brain because we can't fathom the uggg! -until we've experienced it!:) Pregnancy is the hardest nine months of my life! Goodness though, be careful around the stairs. Falling is a very dangerous thing!:) Yes, books help A LOT! I read a whole series of books every pregnancy. My favorites are Prelude to Glory and all of my Anita Stansfield. My next PG will be Faith of our Fathers.

Good Luck!! You are in my thoughs and prayers! -really!

Carrie Crow said...

Pregnancy was not fun for me either and instead of listening to the billion people telling me all their advice and experiences, I just read everything I could on pregnancy and labor. Educating myself helped me understand what was going on with me. I was very prepared for labor and the first few months with the newborn. I am sorry to say but your hardest and most uncomfortable weeks are still ahead of you. Enjoy the next couple months as best you can, months 8 and 9 suck. I love ya, Tiff! It is worth it!!

Tanya said...

Oh girl, my body does NOT handle pregnancy very well either!! I was throwing up for 9 months with Katelyn. The twins was the worst though. I had to have a pick line put in because I was so sick and couldn't keep anything down, and I was so huge by the end I seriously couldn't move. And, both times after I delivered, I ended up back in the hospital a week later with some sort of infection. Yucky!! I am so glad I had 2 at once so I don't have to be pregnant again!
But, all the pain and torture is totally worth it though!!!!