Thursday, June 18, 2009

He's Finally Here!!

We did it. We successfully brought a little one into this world and now we are so happy to have him!
Kyler Lars Nielsen was born Saturday June 13th, at 11:31 pm. 6 lbs even and 19 inches long they laid him in my lap and I just looked at Justin and said, "This is so weird!" Both Mommy and Baby are doing well. The delivery was quick and rather sudden to me. I was in labor for 9 hours and I pushed for 21 minutes. Epidurals are WONDERFUL! I didn't feel a thing. Not one thing. But I think my favorite part of the delivery was feeling his head crown and watching him be born. I was able to crouch over well enough to see his head come out, and his shoulders and torso and with one more small push, he shot out like a torpedo. The dude must have been excited to see the world. :) And boy does he have a set of lungs on him! He screamed non-stop as they checked him and got him all swaddled to meet his family. Daddy of course was in the room and so was Grandma Kathy. Grandma Jan, Grandpa Randy and Aunt DaLynn were outside the door listening to everything happen. They all took thier turns holding him.


But the biggest fan of them all is Daddy.

He is so proud of his "little buddy". The other day he came up to me and said that he had been replaced but it was okay cause Kyler was worth it. I keep trying to convince him that that was not the case, but it will just take some time. Now, when Daddy get's home from work and has showered and is ready, he takes Kyler for several hours to give Mommy a break. They are the cutest pair I have ever seen!

welcome to the world little Kyler. We will love you and high five you forever and ever!!!!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

7 comments:

hammers said...

Congrats! He is cute can't wait to meet him.

Steph said...

So glad he is here safe! You guys will make awesome parents!

Sandra said...

He is sooooooo cute! Congrats! I love Epiderals to. SO NICE!

Lena Baron said...

Congratulations!!! I was on my way home from girls camp and I remembered that I needed to check to see your little one. So Cute!! So happy for you. You'll be a GREAT Mom!!!

DaLynn said...

We love him! You did great mommy. (and dad ;)

mikeandash said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! He is so cute and you look great too!

Kristen said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!! Congrats girl! I bet he has the best lullabies sang to him with your beautiful voice!