Sunday, October 11, 2009

We call this the Berger Buck

Opening weekend of the deer hunt is Justin's favorite time of the year. The build up is worth all of the excitement. The food, the camping, the prospect of getting snowed in, oh yeah, and the hunting. Well, this year lived up to the hype! Justin left Thursday afternoon and he, Tony and Randy set up camp and hung out. The spent Friday scouting the game to see where they wanted to go and what they wanted to hunt. By Saturday, they knew the plan and were ready to go. The got up on the mountain at about 5:30 am and sat and waited. I didn't take too long for them to see the buck they'd been scouting but it took hours to get him to move to place they could shoot him from. When the shooting began it turned out there were two other deer with him. So, Justin got the big one, Randy got the next and Tony got the spike. It was great!! All of them got their deer right at the same time. So here are som epics of the spoils!

4 comments:

Andrea :) said...

ROCK ON! That is awesome!

I'm so glad I found your blog, Tiff. Your little Kyler is so adorable! :)

DaLynn said...

Mike was happy Justin got the biggest buck this year! It's that Remington gun!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

My goodness.... poor deers.... mmmm...bad bad Justin....

Nate & Jenn said...

Ok, I don't know if I should show these pictures to Nate or not. He might start crying because he is not going hunting this season...trying to finish school and all....which I think is a good priority but he's definitely had second thoughts after making that decision! I know he has hope of joining the hunting party next year once we move to Idaho. Nice bucks and your little family is adorable.
Jenn