Friday, February 5, 2010

Cookie Dough, Great books and Staying up late

What do these three things have in common? They are three of my guilty pleasures. I say guilty because when they combine they make for a great night. However, just like any great night, the next morning hangover is always the worst. Especially when being a mommy is concerned. Well last night was no different. I had had enough of just vegging at night. But I was exhausted. So Kyler and I went to the Library and found a gem! It's called The Diary by Eileen Goudge. A beautiful book. It was short. Just over 200 pages. I finished it in one sitting about 5 hours long. Of course, those hours took place from 8:30pm and 1:30 am. See, guilty pleasures. This morning I have a headache the size of texas pounding me in to the ground, but I feel refreshed and oddly more like myself than I have in a long time. That book was more refreshing than an hour at the spa or a good pedicure. not that I don't love those, but this was what I used to do years ago when all I had to worry about was how late I was going to sleep in to get over the book hangover. Now all I need is a pedicure to seal the deal! :) But seriously, if you are looking for a good book, this one is a great read!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love it! Reading this post brought back all the old memories of having you as a roommate and it made me smile! Hope things are good.

Sandra said...

I'm always looking for good books to read, I'll have to look it up at the library.