Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Silly Mommy, Tricks are for Kids....
We decided to come home early from Utah this weekend because Kyler had caught a cold and wasn't so happy about being away from home and his normal routine so much. So Monday was supposed to be a relaxing day that helped the little man get settled in. Not how it happened. Now, when mommies are tired they tend to do silly things like leave without the diaper bag, or not put things in the diaper bag that are needed for the time they will be out. All of those things can be remedied by imply going home. But how often do mommies eliminate the ability to go home and rectify those mistakes? Or, come home to find out that they have left without the keys and are now locked out of the house? Who knows? But I did. Monday, after having a fun time trying to track down old movies in Pawn shops, my girlfriend brought Kyler and I home to find out that I had left without the keys and locked the house. There were no open windows, no way to break in and hte only key available (maybe) was in American Falls 30 minutes from Pocatello! Of course, it was nap time and the little man was exausted and not so thrilled about mommy's little melt down moment on the front porch. About 2 hours later, after a circus-esque charade, I got a hold of a key and managed to get back into the house, but seriously! The "let's go home early so that Kyler can relax and I can de-stress" day turned into a huge mess! Good thing I got a three hour nap on Tuesday. Heaven knows what I would have forgotten next....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
No Fun at All!!
Oh man. I would have a breakdown if I couldn't get into the house either. Glad you got a nap.
Ahh that's so hilarious, but only cuz it happened to some one else. Sorry you had such a rough time! By the way when you're out this way you can give me a call so I can meet your little man and you can meet my little men.
Post a Comment