Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summertime, Summertime

I have been woefully neglecting my blog as of late. Blame it on schedules or anything you want. However, the truth is, I just didn't think about it. :) So here is a quick recap of the last month:


Nursing Boards (blech!)

Vacation to Iowa (Yea!)
Kyler walking, talking and using sign language (sort of) and mastering the sippy!
Job hunting (stinks)
Couponing (Rocks!)
Swimming (lots and lots of swimming!)

That about covers it!

(This is color coded so, if you don't want to read the whole thing, just look for the color!
You're Welcome!)

But seriously, it's been wild. Justin, after so much preparation, passed his nursing boards!!! We were so excited. I was in Iowa when he took the test and I just screamed when I got the phone call saying he passed. He took a class that taught him how to take the test better and one of the class' resources was an online bank of 3000 questions. Justin did every single question!! In 6 weeks! It was nuts. So now, we are job hunting and I don't know what was worse; the stress of passing the test and not knowing whether you had a future or searching for a job and not knowing when your future will begin.


We spent 2 weeks in Iowa! WOW! How much fun is that? The whole family...under one roof... haha! What a madhouse, I mean riot. Hehe! But really we had a great time and the only catastrophe of the whole trip was the flight home. Murphy's Law took hold and by the time I got home (Justin and I flew home on separate flights, so I had Kybo all to myself) I'd been sick, been pooped on, peed on, tried to salvage a VERY smelly pair of baby pants so my son would not have to travel in a diaper, almost missed my flight, smacked BOTH mine and Kyler's heads on the side of the plane, and then my ride didn't work out so we sat at the airport for about 30 minutes waiting for the back up ride! WOW! When Justin landed we had quite the story to tell. Little did we know about the same thing happened to Daddy just minus the pee and poop! WOSERS! Next time, we fly TOGETHER! :)

Kyler. Where to begin. He is a toddler. When did my baby turn into a toddler? I asked my mother-in-law that a while back. Her answer, "About three weeks ago". Ha! He is truly a little man. He's walking now. Tries to run, but finds that his head is a few steps in front of his feet. Which usually results in a sensational tumble. He's mastered the Sippy so we are down to 2 bottles a day and we are getting ready to drop another! Yea! He can shake his head to say no and say "more" and "all done" in baby sign language. It's so stinking cute! He's just so big!

Job hunting. Wow. We were so delusional at graduation. Our naivete lead us to believe that we would get a job rather quickly because of the nursing shortage in the US. Boy were we wrong! There is a nursing shortage, however, NOT in Idaho Falls, ID. So, we are left looking anywhere and everywhere for a job that will hire a new grad! If anyone knows anything, please give us a heads up. In the last week Justin has applied for about 80 jobs. I told him he should keep a running tally so when he does get that job he can say, "This is the 345th job I applied for". Perhaps that was a bad suggestion. It gets a little depressing... But hopefully soon. SOon. SOOON!

Couponing rocks! I'm new at this and getting my first paper tomorrow so I've just gotten 2 deals: 3 boxes of Apple Jacks for about $3.25, and a thing of baby wipes for .65 cents! I LOVE this!

Swimming is the favorite past time of the family. We have a pool at our apartment and we go down about 3 times a week. We swim and sit in the hot tub and just generally chill out. Kyler is a little fish and I really want to put him in swimming lessons to teach him so basics (like not to stick his face in the water to try to breathe). But we have so much fun. We bought him a little boat floatee to chill in and he loves it! he even plays with it in the apartment. How funny. Needless to say, we like the pool.

Well, that is life at our house. Thanks for stopping by and if you're in the area and want to come swimming, give us a call. We sort of live at the pool, literally. Haha! I'm not that funny. ;)

4 comments:

Sandra said...

That would be tough not being on the same flight. My kids have been enjoying the swimming time too. Yaaa for him passing. Good luck with the job search, I agree it can get so depressing!

Jill said...

I understand your pain between boards and jobs! It gets to be a stressful time, but you will get through it. You should come visit me so our kids can meet, and we can meet each others' kids!

Jenn said...

Try EIRMC, Derek says they have openings posted right now for 4th floor (cardiac) and L&D. Call us if you want more details or if Justin wants to talk to Derek about it. Derek knows a few of the charge nurses fairly well. Good luck!!

Aleisha said...

I have heard that St Lukes is hiring here in Boise...at least Rich says that they are in total need of peds nurses. Keep your head up, you'll get something!