Friday, August 20, 2010

Extreme Home Makeover

Extreme Home Makeover is in Pocatello this week!! I can't hardly believe it. However, I am totally bummed because I can't go volunteer. The shifts are too long and right now it just doesn't look like it's going to work out. I don't know the family, but they live in the university district. I've been watching as much news coverage as I can the last few days and I've seen so much! Several people I know are helping out in many ways to make it happen and I can't even describe how much I wish it were me. We had family pictures done the other night by the gal who is taking all the pictures for the build! We asked a lot ot questions about how they do it and if it's really a surprise and it was so fascinating! I'm so glad we moved to IF to be close to family, especially since we are moving soon, but I wish, for this week, we still lived in Poky so we could be closer to the whole process. My sister-in-law said, jokingly, that she is going to go hang out at Sears and wait for Ty and I have to admit, I'm right there with her!!! haha! Oh well, c'est la vie.... I suppose. Poky residents, someone go volunteer for me! ;)

2 comments:

Sandra said...

how fun. They did a home for a family here in Logan a few years ago. Very cool

Preston & Courtney Dial said...

We tried to volunteer, but alas they din't need us...we were very sad. But it is exciting!! Presotn wants to tour the site... Any luck with a place to live??