Monday, May 2, 2011

A Night with Twilight

There was a shrine to the books!
 Do you ever have those nights when you just need a fantasy fix?  Well I've been craving a Twilight Party now for about a year and finally I took matters into my own hands!  About a month ago I decided it was time for a twilight marathon night with some other "Twihards" in my neighborhood.  So I compiled the guest list, made the invites (which, regrettably, are not pictured here) and got started! It took about a month of planning and five days of preparation to get it all put together, but it was SO worth it!

Everything starts with apples, so of course, those were paramount!

 The candy bar was my favorite part of the evening! You can't have a three movie marathon without enough goodies to last a room full of women through the night. And everything was REQUIRED to be black, white or red!
About 75% of the candy bar! Other things were set up on stools or TV trays next to the main table!
Hot Tamales, chocolate covered cinnamon bears, a Snickerdoodle Cheesball with pretzels and Graham crackers, chocolate covered rasins, licorice both black and red, jelly beans, Chex Mix and so much more!

I went through countless pages of glittered scrapbooking paper and one cricut blade in about 5 days as i cut and cut and cut and cut out things like garland shapes, confetti, family crests and Warewolf tatoos!
"Warewolf Claws"
"Kibble" for the Dog lovers.
"Victoria's Victims"
Drinks for the humans present with quotes or Blood Types appropriate for each team!

Favor table with popcorn take home boxes!
    But first, there was dinner...

We had home made Cafe Rio Pork Salads with Lime Cilantro Rice, Tomatillo dressing and all the fixings you could imagine.  This virgin Sangria was conveniently the color of blood!

 
The table was exquisite!  It was a beautiful evening and the dark cloud cover created the perfect mix of sunlight and "twilight" for our evening meal.We joked that rather than living in Spokane, WA, we lived in Forks!
 I used my Cricut Machine with Sure Cuts A Lot 2 to create the place cards for each team.  We had some fence sitters when it came to chosing a team, but the die-hards were able to sway them to one side or the other by the end of the night.
Team Edward

Team Jacob


Top Left: Mary Grangroth, Rebecca Vanderlouw, AriAnna Johnson. Bottom Left: Shannon Banks and Tiffany Nielsen. There are two women not pictured here: Misty Alger and Sarah d'Hulst.

 It was an incredible night that lasted from 6:00pm to 2:00am! Movies didnt' even start until 8:00pm! We were having too much fun laughing! We laughed and laughed and laughed, then cried from laughing and laughed some more.  These women are my saving grace here and I'm so grateful to count them as friends. I was so thrilled to throw this party for each of them as we all needed a good "Girl's Night Out" and each of us needed (and GOT) our Edward or Jacob fix!

7 comments:

Ari Anna Johnson said...

It really was the best night ever and you did one amazing job at getting is all beautiful and ready for all of us to enjoy! You throw the best parties EVER

Leslie said...

What an awesome party to do and especially great with wonderful women!

Shannon B said...

BEST and FUN night!!! I smile when I just THINK about the night! LMBO!

Jill said...

You'll have to put up your virgin sangria recipe for the rest of us to enjoy.

Sandra said...

That looks like so much fun. What a great job of decorating!!!

DaLynn said...

Oh my heck I missed the best party!! :( Looks like an awesome time!!

The Nielsen's said...

Don't worry, when we come back I'll do another one! Especially if we are back by the Breaking Dawn opening!!!1 Then we'll throw one MONSTER of a bash!!!!!!!