Friday, September 25, 2009

A little too soon?

I never thought in all my wishing that I could just get up and go without the cumbersome diaper bag and car seat that I would hesitate when actually given the chance. Perhaps I never knew how difficult it would be to leave once I fell in love with the little man. I still don't know if I can do it. It has nothing to do with worry that he won't be in good hands; those hands raised me. But I've only ever gone away for a few hours. But days? I don't know if I can do it. There's no one better to leave him with than Grandpa the first time, but he'll only be 4 months old... I just don't know. It would be a wonderful weekend. I've always wanted to go to Time out for Women. I just couldn't take Kyler with us, and I just don't know if I can leave him... I guess I need to do some more soul searching.

4 comments:

Steph said...

DO IT! My cousin is in charge of Time Out For Women and it is amazing! You won't regret it!

Sandra said...

DO IT DO IT!!!! Time out for women is great and plus it will be good to get away. I think the more you do it now the easier it will get so there's not a better time to start.

Lena Baron said...

I feel your pain. It's really hard to leave them. But I think they're right, it would be worth it. But listen to your mother heart and you'll do what's best. Good luck deciding. I was just wishing that I could go to TOFW. I'm hoping to go when it comes to St. George.

Janelle said...

I would do it but then again I did do it I left Olivia for a week when she was 4 months old. I have learned that when we take time to nourish ourselves then we are able to be better parents!