I don't think that anyone was more surprised about my finish in the 5K than Justin and I. we expected me to finish and I was planning on about 45 minutes or so. Little did I know I would surprise us both. Total time: 34:46. Average time per mile 11:12. Overall place in the 5K: 99th. Place among women in the 5K: 7th!!!
The first mile flew past. I didn't even notice it! The second mile... that was a different story. And finally, the third mile and change I thought I was going to die. I really didn't think I could do it. But I pushed myself. I found that if I picked a point to run to then looked at the ground and waited for it to pass through my peripheral vision I handled the distance much better. But If I looked straight ahead and saw how far I had to go I got discouraged so quickly. So, I was happy to watch the ground. :)
Whenever I looked up I was scanning the crowd for Justin and Kyler and I didn't see them. But then I heard a whistle from the crowd and knew that they were there. I looked up and saw Both of them. I knew I could push it a little harder. I sprinted to the end with a little extra push over the finish line.
It was INCREDIBLE! I've never felt anything like that before. The rush was so complete! I was addicted from then on. I don't know when I'll do my next race (my ankles still hurt going down stairs) but I know I'll do another. It was just amazing!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow I'm impressed! Way to go!
Tiff!! That is simply amazing!! I am so excited for you!!
Loves!
WOWOWOWOW! Congratulations!! So happy for you. Yep! Keep going! Love ya!
Post a Comment