Saturday, December 12, 2009

Le gourmond

I am always amazed how movies inspire me. My latest favorite is Julie and Julia. It is a beautiful movie about dreams, fears and cooking. I have now seen it three times, and this will, with any luck, not be the end of my romance with Julie and Julia. The movie was my inspiration to grab back life after a baby. It even inspired me to buy Julia child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking and make Julia's Bouf Bourguionne! I have been inspired by movies, but never more than inspired to just purchase the movie itself. But as soon as i saw the movie, I knew I had to have the cookbook. Even if I slaughtered every recipe in it.

So again tonight, after a very long day of a sick baby, I sat down and immersed myself in the dual world of these two women. They always seem to find a way of romanticizing life to such an extent as to melt my fears and trials just as easily as thevbutter in the many many recipes. The idea that food was created out of love and joy makes me think that I could afford to have more love and joy in my life.

Thank you Julie and Julia. you always make me feel hopeful. I hope you all have a chance to see this movie and perhaps, whip up your favorite recipe to enjoy while watching.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I've never seen it. I'll have to check it out. I hope your little one gets feeling better soon.

Gladys said...

I adore this movie and this post!
And, of course, you!

Ryan W said...

You bought the book eh? wonderful. Good luck boning a duck!

Ps... I bought a harmonica.. Slammin blues to come. :)