We decided that since family was going to be scarce this holiday, we would go to Petey and Gladys' house for the weekend! This was Kyler's first trip away from home for an extended period of time. We were a little nervous, but he was a champ. He was better mannered our of town than he is at home. :)
I was always willing to stay up with the boys and chat all night, though I never quite made it as long as they did. But this time I had the early wakening of a 5 month old to look forward to in the morning, so I was much more inclined to fall asleep on Petey's couch and wait for the boys to be ready for bed. The first night it was 1:00 am before we left, and nearly 3:00 before Justin finally got wound down!!

Well we had so much fun down there. We toook Kyler to Cabella's for the first time! He loved it! We took pictures of him with Moose and deer and bears and of course elk. We even got to see the Spider Elk! I was so impressed. I tried to count the points, but I got confused and gave up. I didn't know what was considered a cheater and what was real. oh well. It was super cool.
Gladys made the best turkey ever! It was infused with a lemon. Wow. All other turkey paled in comparison. I'm going to make one sometime soon. As soon as we decide that we are ready for more turkey! Notice the turkey looks like it has some very perky, um what shall we call them, additions that are not normally in a turkey... those are the lemons!!! AWESOME!
Kyler also met his first dogs. We kept him a good distance away for most of the weekend, but this chance we took. He wasn't very sure of them at first, but soon he got brave. I was nervous, but they did great and he loved them! This is Kyler with Wyatt Erp. That's right. Wyatt Erp.
The weekend turned in to about 6 days and we loved it. It was nice to come home to our bed and the comfort of our own place but we miss them already.

2 comments:
I'm glad you had fun! We missed you for Thanksgiving!! Can't wait to c/ya at Christmas.
How fun. I'm always worried about the kids when we go but it seems like they are better behaved too when we are gone. Well not all the time, but most of the time. I'm glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving. LOL about the perky lemons.
Post a Comment